Thursday, November 22, 2007

Award winners: Worthy or Unworthy?

I always like finding a new site to use or recommend to users. The award winning Farecast caught my eye. It is travel site that is as good as Kayak. The interface is nice. I also like that it brings up a proximity map for hotels that you’re considering. The search for airfares offers great features like predictions for a 90 day period; grids and sliding scales for departure and arrivals; and, of course, fare comparisons. Worthy.

Omnidrive: If you are looking for a way to open up documents when you are away from your home or work Desktops, this may be the answer. Omnidrive, a file and media sharing tool, makes it easy to work on documents of all types from any location. The choice of clients (Windows or Mac) makes it automatically user friendly. I want to test it out on some "real"documents. Until then, the user guides show that the product has some promise. Worthy

Games 2web.com: Too much "fun" for me…Confusing and crowded interface…Social and other games border on the obscene and absurd. I don't know by what criteria they are judged. Unworthy.

iGoogle: I'll admit that "Start" pages are beyond me. Customization is interesting and fun, but ultimately unnecessary. Unworthy.

No comments: