Thursday, November 22, 2007

You Tube

One of the "perks" of public library work is being privy to what excites users about You Tube. Library users send me links or pull me aside to view their favorite clips. That was my experience prior to today. Today I searched for applicable information resources and library related postings. This is a sampling of what I found: (1) the World Digital Library; (2) the Library of the Future; (3) Ibiblio Digital Libraries; the Harlem Digital Repository; and Jolanta Dickute on Digital Libraries.

The world of digital libraries, archives, and repositories is a very interesting area of the profession and a key issue of concern for the future. All of the above sites or clips had something interesting to contribute to the "virtual discussion." The media I decided to embed in the blog concerns preservation which an equally important topic for the future and one of particular interest to me. If you view this, pay attention to her examples and discussion of data migration (a project I am personally working on). Notice also that it is product is free and open source.

This is one topic about which I would like to see some discussion. Watch the media and respond.

No comments: