Thursday, November 22, 2007

I like to listen...


I already have Netlibrary and Overdrive accounts and have listened to several books. I have downloaded an equal number of fiction and non-fiction books. I cannot say that I prefer listening to one better than the other.
This format is not my favorite and is usually my last resort for obtaining a book. Although I will listen to a recorded books, I don't like downloading them as a rule. The format is fraught with problems that I don't encounter with the CDs or audiotapes. So I would rather drive to Frederick or Carroll County to borrow the book or recording than download it from one of these vendors.
Of course, there are times when you cannot get the book from any other source or it cannot be obtained in a timely manner. In these cases, I have used Netlibrary and Overdrive to listen to the book or other material. One such instance has been the language programs. Overdrive offers access to multiple languages by multiple publishers. This material supplements material and resources that is in local libraries. Best of all the access includes explicit permission to copy the lessons to your own disks or load them onto portable media players.

No comments: