Thursday, November 22, 2007

Podcast Recast

I looked at all three suggested sites. My preference is Podcastalley. It just seemed more accessible to me. Podcast.net returned the fewest quality hits for my searches. I also may have been influenced by the fact that Yahoo podcasts did not start and generated error messages on both of my personal computers.

Using Yahoo’s podcast search area and Podcastalley, I searched for rugby and ice hockey podcasts. The selection is pretty good for both. I found national and international podcasts for both sports. There is a lot of good broadcast action for fans and a number of informative talk show formatted programs.

Libraries could easily transform this tool into a communications link between the library and users. Why not produce a regular podcast about the most interesting title discussed in book groups in the county? I can also see the library highlighting materials and resources in podcasts. The A+ partnership might benefit from podcasts aimed at parents, students, and teachers.

On this functional angle, I am rethinking the utility of podcasting.

No comments: